||Osiris Co., Ltd. was founded in Tokyo by Yoko Sawada with her colleagues in 1999. Our focus is on contemporary photography and literature, within which we publish photography-related books, and represent some Japanese photographers. We also work on events and projects in collaboration with domestic and overseas institutions.
Selected projects Osiris has taken part in:
- Co-edited the book, The Gould Collection Vol. 1: Change, with photographs by Mikiko Hara and a short novel by Stephen Dixon, published by The Gould Collection (Russet Lederman, Laurence Vecten, and Yoko Sawada).
- Editorial assistance for the book, Provoke: Between Protest and Performance, published by Steidl Verlag, Göttingen, 2016.
- Research works for the traveling exhibition, "Provoke: Between Protest and Performance" held at Albertina, Vienna; Fotomuseum Winterthur, Winterthur; Le Bal, Paris; Art Institute of Chicago, 2015-2016.
- Co-curated the exhibition of Takuma Nakahira “Circulation: Date, Place, Events,” BLD Gallery, Tokyo, 2012.
- Co-edited the exhibition catalogue, Takashi Homma: New Documentary, published by The Asahi Shimbun Publications, Tokyo, 2010.
- Curatorial assistance for the exhibition of Takuma Nakahira, "Kirikae" at Comme des Garcons Six, Osaka; Hanna Six, Seoul, 2010.
- Editorial assistance for the book, Yutaka Takanashi: Toshi-e (Towards the City), in a series books, Books on Books, published by Errata Editions, New York, 2010.
- Editorial assistance for the series of books, In-between Vol.1-14 published by EU Japan Fest Japan Committee, Tokyo, 2005.
- Curatorial assistance for the group exhibition, "Ginza Photo Street 1930s/2004" at House of Shiseido, Tokyo, 2004.
- Curatorial assistance for the group exhibition with the works by William Eggleston and 7 Japanese photographers, "Commonscapes: Photography Today, Views of the Everyday" at The Miyagi Museum of Art, 2004.
- Editorial assistance of the book project, The Japanese Box, edited by Christoph Shifferili, published by Edition 7L, Steidl Verlag, Göttingen, 2003.
- Curatorial assistance for the exhibition of Takuma Nakahira, "Degree Zero Yokohama" at Yokohama Museum of Art, 2003; edited and published the exhibition catalogue.
- Coordinating assistance for the group exhibition with 9 Japanese contemporary photographers, "Japan Keramik und Fotografie Tradition und Gegenwart" at Deichtorhallen, Hamburg, 2003.
- Coordinating assistance for the exhibition of Yoshiko Seino, "The Sign of Life" at Fotomuseum Winterthur, Winterthur, 2003.
- Editorial assistance for the magazine, Performing Arts, issues No. 1-15, published by Kyoto University of Arts and Design, Kyoto, 2002-2009.
- Coordinating assistance for the exhibition of Takashi Homma, "Tokyo Suburbia" at Fotomuseum Winterthur, Winterthur, 2000.
- The former company, photo-planète: Editorial assistance of the book series (Vol.1-40), Nihon no Shashinka (Japanese Photographers) published by Iwanami Shoten Publishers, Tokyo, 1997-1999.
- The former company, photo-planète: Edited and published a bi-monthly magazine, Déjà-vu Bis, No. 1-18, 1996-1999.
- The former company, photo-planète: Coordinating assistance for the exhibition, "Akt-Tokyo" by Nobuyoshi Araki at Forum Stadtpark, Graz, 1992.
- The former company, photo-planète: Edited and published a photography quarterly, Déjà-vu, No. 1-20, 1990-1995.